Inspired by different knife and knifemaker I came out with this first buddy. This is an outdoor knife well suited for camping, hiking and field use.
Made from 1/8″ (3mm) thick O-1 tool steel, the blade is 2 3/4″ (70mm) long with an overall length of 6 11/16″ (170mm). The tang of the blade is skeletonized to remove unnecessary weight and improve balance.
The handle is made from an extremely durable and water-resistant composite material called G10. It’s a high-pressure laminate made from fibreglass cloth and epoxy resin. It’s highly impact and UV resistant, is not affected by water exposure, provides great grip and cleans easily. The handle is attached to the tang of the blade with 2 stainless steel tubes, ensuring that it will never fail when you need it.
The integrated window-breaker on the butt of the handle adds to the knife’s utility in a survival situation while not detracting from grip comfort.
- Blade material: roughly 1/8″ (3mm) thick O1 tool steel, heat-treated to ~63HRC
- Blade finish: Satin
- Handle material: Green G10 handle scales
- Overall length: 6 11/16″ (170mm)
- Blade length: 2 3/4″ (70mm)
- Knife weight: 5.6oz (160 grams)
- Balance: 13/32″ (10.5mm) from the tip
- Sharpening angle: 25° (durable, ideal for hunting and outdoor)